6/21/10

day trip: Fredericksburg

During the school year FMG's non-traditional work schedule is a challenge. He's off on weekday, I'm at school. I'm off on the weekends, he is at work. One of my most favorite parts of summer is that his days off can be my weekend with him! Last Thursday we took a "date"trip to Fredericksburg, TX  -- we ate great German food, shopped, walked through the Farmer's Market, ate and drank more and were back home the same night. I can't wait to go back!



The Auslander was rated in Texas Monthly and had high reviews everywhere we read about it. It passed FMG's discriminating taste - so we'll be back!



There was a precious kitchen store that I could have spent my life savings in. I settled for a "Mocha Slushy" from their in-store coffee bar. YUM!



The Farmer's Market was full of yummy looking, smelling, and tasting things. That bread was divine! And the table next to it had some of the best goat cheese I've ever tasted. It was like buttah!




There were amazing saucer sized zinnias all over the market. A sweet gentleman gave me a jar of them when I was done taking pictures of them. It made my day! FMG was happy to take a feet-in-the-grass break while I was flitting around finding interesting things like jasmine-peach tea (YUM) and a blossoming artichoke. I'd never seen one before! The other fruits, veggies and flowers were phenomenal.




After all that walking around we decided to get a snack before heading home. The Fredericksburg Brewing Co. had a large assortment of in-house brewed beer. They have their fall line up listed and I can't wait to sample them when it cools down!



The day was fantastic and I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note and let me know you stopped by!
xx