Two of my favorite things we did while in this city of anything anytime was visit the Lion Habitat at the MGM Grand and go to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay.
The Lion Habitat was particularly incredible because the handlers were IN the enclosure CUDDLING with the giant adult lions like I cuddle with my cats. I tried to get shots - but it was hard! :o(
Here is from under the walk through -- you can see the trainer's hand and legs... He's grooming the 5 million pound lion! O.M.G.
And I could never get their sweet faces... they were sleeping the entire time we were there.
Check out this preciousness... These babies were taking their "nap break" from posing for pictures with tourists. And that guy? Napping with them. How do I apply for that job?
You'd think they'd discourage chewing on the handlers. Just sayin'...
This fella was about as big as Brie - weighing in at 55 lbs. Whew.
There were so many interesting things to see at the Shark Reef.
Not just fish and other underwater life.
FMG was brave and "pet" the sting rays. I wasn't so much scared of the sting rays as I was trying to avoid the noisy unattended children. (It IS still summer after all. I'm allowed to ignore them! :o) )
I love that they picked this guy to be the teacher in Finding Nemo. His face really is friendly!
These two were in a tiff. Literally. One would bite on the other and they'd make a pass and on the way back around they'd switch biter and bitee.
"Fish are friends. Not food."
(Are you so proud, movie quoting friends!?)
These guys knew that food was nearby. So smart!
That about wraps up Vegas 2010. Thanks for hanging in there!
No comments:
Post a Comment
leave a note and let me know you stopped by!
xx