Thinking about Thanksgiving this morning - and running through the menu one more time. As soon as the Ikea dresser pieces are moved out of my dining room I'm going to set up (not set, Jojo) the table and get all my serving pieces out. I'm so excited to host our family again this year - I LOVE roasting turkey!
My Nonnie (who's 70th birthday would have been yesterday) always had all of her serving pieces out days before any large event where there was food. She'd put a sticky note in each platter, bowl, and plate clearly labeling what would be served out of it. Genius! Not only do you ensure everything has a place but noting is forgotten!
Our menu this year:
To start:
Stuffed Jalapenos
Bleu Cheese Crackers
Main Event:
Herbed Roasted Turkey
Jojo's Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans with Almonds AND Green Bean Casserole
Jalapeno Cranberry Relish/Canned Cranberry/Plain Cranberry Sauce (We have lots of opinions on cranberry sauce in my family)
Sister Schubert Rolls
Encore:
Bobo's Brownies
Myee's Pumpkin Pie
Update: GAR added cookies to the finale. I won't argue!
I don't think there will be anyone hungry! What's on your menu? Anything unique to your family?

No comments:
Post a Comment
leave a note and let me know you stopped by!
xx