A spring break trip to Ikea resulted in some fresh pillow covers for my couch. I picked white. Why? I'm not sure. Who puts WHITE pillows on their couch? They just looked so clean and crisp. They begged me to add something to make them go with the rest of our de colores house.
I obliged.
The pink flower started with a yellow fringed and rolled center.
Though I usually keep the back nice and flat, I actually rolled and glued this one with the slightest inward dome... I was anticipating massive amounts of hot glue holding it onto the flower.
Lots of pink felt petals... I think I'm adding hot pink felt flower petals to my favorite things list.
Two rows of blue grosgrain ribbon hot glued to the pillow made the base for the flowers.
I'm straight line challenged... so I used a piece of scrap paper to keep my spacing consistent while gluing the ribbon.
Back to the pink petals... pinched, glued, and layered into a flower!
I was going for "dahlia" and I think I just narrowly missed "poinsettia". I'll have to remember this for next Christmas. Poinsettia Pillows...
Finally the yellow center!
I added an orange circle to spiral flower with a pink center and a yellow rolled flower with a "ruffle" around it after I decided that the pink flower was begging for company. Voila! A fresh, crisp, seasonal punch of color on my couch. I love flowers in the house and these are guaranteed to look perfect even after five days!












No comments:
Post a Comment
leave a note and let me know you stopped by!
xx