2/21/10

Thinking about Natalie.

One of my dearest school-days friends, Natalie, is teaching in Uganda. When I think about that I am totally overwhelmed.

As long as I've known Natalie, she's know this is what she was meant to do. Africa is and always has been her calling. I just can't even imagine how fulfilled she is. Her stories are inspiring and amazing.

You can read her blog here. See more pictures here. And last year she let Dewey come visit her and she wrote an awesome post for him on my school blog.


Those children are so lucky to have her! And she is so blessed to have them! Nat is an inspiration to me, and I don't even think she knows it! When I think about my behavior "problem" kids testing my patience, or how stressful testing is, or how I just can't wait to move on to a more interesting unit, I remind myself of all the wonderful things that go along with my job. And then I read a little Natalie.

1 comment:

  1. Natalie in Uganda ... is inspiring!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

leave a note and let me know you stopped by!
xx