It is a veritable work in progress. What needs the most work right now? Probably the over the table lighting situation...
Heeeelllllooooooooooo Shades of Light! I usually ignore the ads on the sides of most of the blogs I read... but while reading the tutorial about painting kitchen cabinets on Young House Love (i have a major crush on their blog) I noticed the Shades of Light ad.
And then I found these (can I have them all?)...
Candidate #1:

It's soft, interesting but not overwhelming, and beautiful.
Candidate #2:

Super fun, right shape and pulls in colors from my kitchen and living rooms. But, is it too much?
Candidate #3 (My 8th grade History teacher thought it was funny that I never spelled "candidate" correctly and he told me to remember that in politics some cadidadtes thought it would only take some sweet talkin' "candi" and to show up at a few "dates" to get your vote. I know you were dying to know that.)

Interesting, a little quirky, and other than the shape I didn't expect to love it so...
Candidate #4:

How can the "wrong" shape feel so right? I love that it is a lot of fabric and a little metal.
Candidate #5:

I think this is my out-in-left-field choice. Maybe it would be better over a bar or in a kitchen as accent lighting and not over my dining room table?
Those are the shades appearing on the ballot.
I love ALL of them. Can't they be on an east to change out system? I want to rotate them in and out!
(Don't worry - if you vote your choice is anonymous to everyone!)
Very nice post!
ReplyDeleteI love the cross wall.
I voted!
(I love to vote.)