11/30/10

Family Pictures

Every Thanksgiving the family is all together, for as long as I can remember, we take a color coordinated picture for my grandmother's Christmas card.

The pictures are usually marginal. Good, at best. Sometimes one of the family pets gets in on the action. There are the funny faces, the half closed eyes, the year of the giant pink scunchie in the middle of the red and denim color scheme (just kidding - I think I wore a denim dress and had my hair in frend braid pigtails with a topsy-tail-twist).

This year, I snuck in a secret weapon. The the camera was focused, timer was set... the light blinked, warning of the impending clicks.

Oh yes.
ClickS.
Six of 'em.

The first set caught everyone a little off guard.

Did the camera just click 6 times?

Oh yes. It did!

It was my intention to let the shutter release several times so that I'd have more options - someone smiling a little bigger, eyes not closed or half open.

Oh, but that brother of mine. He catches on quick...




Then the other boys caught on.




We all know that Thanksgiving is really about football, right?

Kidding.

Kind of.

There's nothing that says Happy Thanksgiving or Merry Christmas like an upside down longhorn and a raspberry.

Merry Christmas, y'all! /w\

(Go ahead, play them back a few times. You know you want to!)

2 comments:

  1. OK, but FMG's tongue sticking out just put's your dad's over the top. -JMR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did! (played them back a few times, that is) Funny!

    ReplyDelete

leave a note and let me know you stopped by!
xx