I stalk lots of crafty type blogs... and I see so many projects that I would love to try. Most of the really cool projects are too costly, too time consuming or too complicated for my wallet, schedule and attention span. This awesome wreath, however, fit the bill perfectly! I saw versions with coffee filters and with cupcake liners. I couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I used both!
The cupcake liner was pinched (thanks Squil for being my step by step model!) and the top was fluffed a little.
Then the cupcake liner was attached to the middle of the coffee filter with a dollop of hot glue.
Then the whole fluffy blossom was attached with more hot glue to a wreath form.
Speaking of wreath forms... I discovered these flat, light weight, super inexpensive wreath rings at Michael's. I LOVE them! With this project there is no need to cover the sides!
Lather, rinse, repeat all the way around!
You can see from the back how fluffy and full the coffee filters are... Really, no need at all to try to glue them onto the inside or outside edges.
The texture difference between the coffee filter and cupcake liner is subtle. It reminds me of a crinoline under a wedding dress.
The forms are so light and slim that all it needed for "hardware" was a little hot glue under and on top of the ribbon.
One wreath got a bow on top and the other got a bow hot glued into the liners.
This wreath is going to get stored in my "winter" box... the things that can come out after Thanksgiving and be shuffled around until February or so. I'm thinking that a pink version is in order for Valentine's Day!













How long did it take?! I LOVE it!!
ReplyDelete