8/3/11

An Antique Show? {Yes. Seriously.}

I do not know what has gotten into me lately.

Burlap.

Seasonal wreaths.

Repurposing.

ANTIQUES.

Ugh. I hope this is not a phase I look back on and think "what was I thinking?" because I'm kindof in love with the whole old-is-new thing. (Even if its not a new concept.)

Check this out:


The Marburger Farm Antique Show in Round Top, Texas (pop. 90 - just in case you didn't know).

It's apparently the holy grail of antiquing and completely new to me! I applied to be a "VIB" or Very Important Blogger - on a whim - and got a nice email that I indeed was a VIB. How fun is that?


I have no place in my home for this - but how amazing would it be in a kitchen? (Plus I'm sure its so beyond my means - but I can look, right?)


I'm so in love with this chair -- I can imagine so many fabulous photo shoots in this chair!


These letters are so stinkin' cool - I'd love to do a wall of "G's" in the house somewhere. (Or is that a little over the top?)


Zero explanation needed for my love of this one, right?


Sah-woon. I'll take one of each, please!!!

(All of the images are from the facebook page I liked to above!)


I'm excited to experience the goodness myself ... I'll be saving my pennies in hopes I can score a faboo find in my bidget. What exactly? I have no idea. But I"m sure there will be something I can't live without! 

2 comments:

  1. You've got me almost salivating!!

    I've never been to Round Top, but have many antique mall dealer friends who have. I keep saying, 'one of these days!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! Enter my home and you will not think I'm into antiques and all that jazz, but I long to be! I want a happy mix of old vintage and new chic! This looks fun!

    ReplyDelete

leave a note and let me know you stopped by!
xx